- Property taxes are assessed January 1st in Kentucky.
- Motor vehicle taxes paid in 2017 can be accessed HERE
- Real Estate taxes are due by December 31st.
- Spencer County Sheriff’s Office (To view current year’s tax bills)
- View Current Delinquent Taxes
- Tax Rules
- Registration Form
- 2017 Tax Rate
- 2016 Tax Rate
- 2015 Tax Rate
- 2014 Tax Rates
- Marriage licenses applied for in the Spencer County Clerk’s office can be used in any Kentucky county.
- Both parties need to be present and have valid identification, such as a driver’s license.
- The cost is $35.50. Our office accepts cash, check, debit or credit cards. With a debit or credit card payments, there is an additional 2.75% fee that the credit card vendor charges.
- Marriage licenses are valid for 30 days, including the date of issue, and must be returned to county clerk’s office in which they were issued after the ceremony is performed. After our office receives the completed marriage license, a certified copy will be mailed to the address provided.
Registering to vote is easy and convenient! (Register Online! ) The following requirements must be met in order to register:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen and a Kentucky resident for a minimum of 28 days.
- You must be 18 years of age by the date of the next general election(usually the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November). You are eligible to vote in the May primary election if you will be 18 by the November general election.
- You must have not been convicted of a felony. If you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights must have been restored in order to be eligible to vote.
- You must not have been judged mentally incompetent in a court of law.
- You must not claim the right to vote anywhere outside of Kentucky. If you are able to meet the above requirements, you may register to vote by completing a voter registration card and submitting it to the County Clerk’s office. If you prefer, A FORM CAN BE MAILED TO YOU (by requesting it), you can download a form from this web site, or you may pick up a form at the County Clerk’s office. To contact us via E-mail with any Voter Registration questions and/or issues, clickHERE To view the current Polling Locations please click PRECINCT LOCATIONS
To view any records on file please visit our office at:
2 West Main Street
Taylorsville, KY 40071
8:00 – 4:30, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
8:00 – 6:30, Thursday
8:00 – 12:00, Last Saturday of each month. In the case of a Holiday falling on the last Saturday, we will be open the prior Saturday.
If you are interested in accessing records online please click the appropriate link below for more information:
Watercraft registrations are due by the end of April. To renew your registration IN OUR OFFICE, please bring your previous registration and payment. You can also renew by mail: Mail your unexpired registration, and check to
Spencer County Clerk,
PO BOX 544,
Taylorsville, KY 40071.
Include and additional $2.00 for postage and handling. MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS CORRECT. THIS IS WHERE YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE MAILED. There is no option at this time to renew watercraft online.
Watercraft: You must have a valid title or certificate of origin to transfer watercraft. Additionally, you need a Motor Boat Transaction Record Application for Title/ Registration (BTR form TC96-184). This for can be downloaded [HERE] or picked up in the county clerk’s office. No proof of insurance is required for watercraft transfers. All signatures must be notarized.
Download the No Title Affidavit (Boat)
MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION RENEWAL
Motor vehicle registration renewal is the most widely used service of the County Clerk’s office. When renewing your registration IN OUR OFFICE, please bring your previous registration and proof of insurance. Our office accepts cash, check, debit and credit cards. With debit and credit cards, there is an additional 2.75% fee that the vendor charges for this service.
You have two other options for renewal:
- By Mail: Mail your UNEXPIRED registration, proof of insurance, and check for payment to
Spencer County Clerk,
PO BOX 544,
Taylorsville, KY 40071. Make sure to include an additional $2.00 for postage and handling. MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS CORRECT. THIS IS WHERE YOUR REGISTRATION WILL BE MAILED.
- ONLINE: You can renew your Unbridled Spirit or In God We Trust passenger plates HERE. **IF YOU HAVE ANY DELINQUENT MOTOR VEHICLE TAXES, OR IF YOUR REGISTRATION HAS EXPIRED, YOU MUST RENEW YOUR REGISTRATION IN THE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE. If you have any questions, you can get more information at mvl.ky.gov
Vehicles: You must have a valid title or certificate of origin to transfer a vehicle. Out-of-state titles also require a completed Application For Kentucky Certificate of Title or Registration (VTR form TC96-182). This form serves two purposes: It is an affidavit for sales price and inspection form for the sheriff. This form can be downloaded from this website [HERE] or picked up in the County Clerk’s office. You will also need a current Kentucky Proof of Insurance card for the vehicle. Our office needs a physical copy of this document. We cannot process it from a picture on your smart phone. If you do not provide proof of insurance, you can transfer the vehicle “TITLE ONLY”, meaning without registration or plates. It cannot be driven until proof of insurance and registration is processed in the county clerk’s office. All signatures must be notarized.
For additional information visit drive.ky.gov – An official website of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
DOWNLOAD A PACKET OF INFORMATION FOR EACH TOPIC BELOW. THIS WILL CONTAIN FORMS AND INFORMATION.
- Duplicate Title
- Mechanics Lien aka Creditor in Possession
- Move In
- Out of State Purchase
- Towing and Storage